Sunday, June 22, 2008

My first applique!






For a few weeks I have been admiring gorgeous applique work on children's clothing but it looked far too difficult to contemplate! I decided to take the plunge and after an Internet search, had a basic idea of how to start.




I made two baby girl outfits in the 0-3 month size, one for my cousin's new baby girl and one for Rose's kindy friend's new baby sister. I found a Simplicity 'Easy' pattern for a baby kimono top (which I am yet to try) and pants. I bought 2 plain white Cotton On long sleeved tops, some pink whalecord and a vintage look pink floral from Spotty.


Last night I made the heart set and this morning I made the bird set. Instead of a traditional zig zag, I used the blanket stitch on my sewing machine to applique the shapes. When I am braver, I will use the zig zag stitch! I was surprised at how easy it was and look forward to trying more applique soon.








1 comment:

Camille.Harrison said...

Ohhh soooooo cute. you did such a good job :)