Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Bugaboo Bee Liner




It has been on my "To Do" list to create a new buggy liner for my Bugaboo Bee stroller. I had to import it from the Netherlands as they don't sell this model in New Zealand so unfortunately I wasn't able to see what it was like "in the flesh" before I purchased it.

When it arrived I discovered it had quite a firm seat which wouldn't really be suitable for a small baby. Luckily Harry is a lot older so it wasn't an issue but I wanted to make a liner for it that would make it stand out a bit more and give it some interest.

I picked up a couple of remnants from Spotty for $2 and this is the result. The reverse is made of black fleece and it has a thick wadding inside. I had to make up the pattern myself as the Bee is an odd shape and although it isn't perfect, I am reasonably happy with it for my first attempt. I had to do nine large buttonholes for the stroller harness straps so that was good practice for me! I like how it has added a bit of interest to an otherwise boring black stroller.

2 comments:

Petra said...

Well done. I am thinking to pimp my bugaboo cameleon, but I have no clue how to create a pattern for it.
Could you please tell me how you did start?
thanks,
greetings Petra

Tui B said...

Hi Petra. I used newspaper to make a pattern for the seat. I just placed the newspaper into the seat (when it was off the frame)and pressed it down so it would get the right shape. I then cut it out and played around with it until it fit in nicely, I then used that as my pattern to place on top of the fabric! Hope this helps. :)