Friday, January 9, 2009

Is it a Nightie or a Dress?
















Rose saw me cutting out my PJ pants this afternoon and asked if I could make her a nightie so that we could "be the same". I did a bit of juggling around and had to forego the waist tie on my PJ pants but Rose was able to get her gown. It's one of life's simple pleasures when all your pattern pieces fit perfectly and you can achieve all your projects without any wastage! After I had finished it, I had the thought that it doesn't "strictly" look like a nightie, it may be just me but I think it is passable as a dress too! It looks like a little girl's version of a maxi dress. I am still not 100% sure on the yellow bows I attached, it was the only colour I had, apart from pink and I was just experimenting, I may just remove them and leave it plain, or find some other embellishments. Rose was thrilled with it and has worn it to bed tonight.





No comments: