Sunday, October 25, 2009

Toilet Training Friendly Shorts







We have been working on toilet training Harry in the last few months but have run into some difficulty with him removing his pants! The preschool tell me that he often makes it to the toilet but takes so long pulling down down his pants due to the buttons and zips, that he doesn't quite "make it".






He is quite a skinny little guy so needs pants that have an adjustable waist, elastic waists from stores just fall down on him.






I decided to make a pair of shorts for him and bought a large roll of really soft elastic from the Hospice Warehouse. I used a Burda pattern I bought a few months ago and left off the pockets.






I cut up an old pair of my jeans to use and whipped these up and they work a treat. He can pull them down more easily due to the soft elastic waist and I have already cut out more pairs for him so he will be set for the Summer.









No comments: