Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lemon Sour Cream Sprinkle Cupcakes

I had a lonely half used tub of sour cream sitting in my fridge just begging to be used. Add to that, a box of Dutch fruit sprinkles which I received as part of a large package of Dutch goodies from one of my students at the end of last year. I decided to make some lunchbox treats....cupcakes!

Google was my friend and I soon found this http://www.ourcave.biz/smf/index.php?topic=2271.0 recipe which looked quick, simple and most importantly, used up my sour cream. I halved the recipe and they were a cinch to make. I used fresh lemon zest from our tree and instead of using the lemon icing in the original recipe, I put a few sprinkles on the top of each cupcake before placing them in the oven.

A few minutes later, they were done and my favourite baking tin was full! Give them a go, they are delicious.

No comments: