Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Letterbox Project

I know this isn't the most exciting thing to blog about but I was really proud of myself! :-)

I bought this letterbox off Trademe for our Sunnyhaven house a few years ago after a truck driver broke our other one when delivering a skip to us. He stuffed $20 into my hand and then gapped it down the road as fast as he could! It was pretty sad looking in it's original state, a lovely cedar brown and full of cobwebs and dirt.

I then painted it a dark green colour (think 1990's style!) to match our exisiting roof and it has stayed that way for the last 5 years.

Last weekend it received it's fourth coat of paint and is now a lovely Resene Grey Friars. I purchased some modern new letterbox numbers from Box Design and voila, she is now back is fine form again for another few years!


No comments: