Thursday, July 29, 2010

Baking up a storm...

A whole lot of baking has been going on in this house tonight! I found this recipe for home made Honey Caramel Popcorn on http://www.taste.com.au/. I pulled out the popcorn air popping machine which was hiding at the back of the cupboard and made the yummy coating. I managed to smoke out the entire kitchen and dining area and ruin a stainless steel pot by leaving it unattended for a few minutes. Argggh! I had more success with the second batch. :-)
Next on the list was Mars Bar Slice. I have been wanting to try this Aussie favourite for a while now but never had a good enough excuse...until now! Instead of making them into a slice I have put them in patty cases and will add butterfly sprinkles to them. I also added mini marshmallows which was a successful experiment. You can find the recipe here. :-)

No comments: