Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Florence Broadhurst Wallpaper Collection

I am in love with almost anything Florence Broadhurst at the moment. Florence was an eccentric artist and designer, born in rural Queensland in 1899. She is probably most famous for her stunning handprinted wallpapers which are now enjoying a revival.
After spending too many hours poring over interiors magazines, I decided I had to have a piece of Florence of my own! lol. There was no way I could afford to wallpaper a wall, let alone a room with her costly rolls so I searched on Ebay Australia and found a 120cm "piece" of some wallpaper from her Blueprints Collection. It is a dusty turquoise on a matt brushed silver mylar and is soooo pretty!
I saw these photos of a feature wall online (sorry, I can't remember where I found these!) and blame them for my obsession. I love the white and wallpaper combination.

Anyway, my wallpaper arrived and the print is much larger than I thought and the large Ikea frames I got to present them in, just don't work. My beautiful wallpaper has now been rolled up and placed back into it's protective tube until I decide what on earth I am going to do with it. :-)


No comments: