Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Keep Calm and Carry On

The other day I made this piece of art as the slogan really resonates with me in terms of my role as a mother. There are many times where I feel like giving in to the demands of my two darling children, even when I know I shouldn't. Nine times out of ten, it is easier and less stressful to give in to requests for more TV time, more snacks before dinner and not enforcing 'Time Out' for "unacceptable" behaviour. All I need to do is take a look at this print, and it reminds me to take a deep breath and stick to my guns. It is so hard to be 100% consistent when you are tired and sapped of energy, and yet I know how important it is. The hardest job on earth is being a mother and I need all the encouragement I can get! :-)




'Keep Calm and Carry On' was a poster produced by the British government in 1939 during the beginning of World War II, to raise the morale of the British public in the case of invasion. It was little known and never used. The poster was rediscovered in 2000 in a second hand bookshop and since Crown Copyright expires after 50 years, this image is now in the public domain.


I picked up this print as a greeting card from Homestore in Newmarket for $5.50 and used a white Ikea Ribba frame, sourced from Trademe. The whole thing cost under $20 and I really love it. :-)

No comments: