Sunday, July 4, 2010

Rose's Self Portrait Collage

I must admit, I have never been one for saving and displaying my children's art. It's not that I don't love it, it's just that there is so much of it and I don't know what to do with it all! I have seen all manner of clever ideas and ways to display kids art but to be honest, sorting through the overflowing folders and picking out some gems just seemed like too much work for me.



The other day Rose brought home this self portrait. It was a collage made from different coloured pieces of paper and tissue and I thought it was super cute! I loved how she made her torso purple and extra long with tiny legs on the end! I thought it would be a good time to frame something that represents her interpretation of herself as she is now, because let's face it, she won't be drawing like this forever!

No comments: