Thursday, August 26, 2010

Zoo Trip



We had a fantastic day at the zoo today. After my late night at work and exhausting last few days, I wasn't feeling that enthused about the trip. The weather was originally forecast as wet and nasty and with 180 'emerging adolescents', that is never a good combination at a zoo.
I was over the moon to wake up this morning to sunshine and warmth! Due to fantastic parent help and great zoo educators, we actually had a very calm and relaxing day. We checked out the new alligator enclosure (I am interested to see how Rose and Harry will react when they see it on our next visit) and had a leisurely walk around the zoo.
I also went to the Kiwi and Tuatara house for the first time, although the highlight was learning how some of the keepers have trained a diabetic Cottontop Tamarin to get her insulin shots and respond to simple commands. Amazing! All in all, a great day.

No comments: