Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Harry's Wardrobe Finished...Almost

We have finally finished Harry's wardrobe...almost.
Strangely, his wardrobe door wasn't painted like those in the rest of the house (a previous owner ran out of steam perhaps?) so we still need to seal it and paint it white but other than that, it is done.
The 'before' photo looks frightening I know, but I included it to show what the kids wardrobes look like when I ask them to clean their room. Yes, they are firm believers in the old adage, 'out of sight, out of mind'. Dumping everything where Mum can't see it always seems like a good solution at the time!
We cleared everything out and Taff gave it two coats of Resene Alabaster. Now the old 1970's dirty blue is gone and I bow down to our tin of white paint again. It really is the cheapest and best solution for making everything look fresh and almost new again.
Just like in Rose's wardrobe, I ditched the old hangers and replaced them with white ones from the Warehouse. I also love his Ikea shoe hanger. I bought it several years ago on my first glorious trip to Ikea (sigh) and it is fantastic for keeping all his little shoes neat and tidy.
The door is yet to go on but when it does, this room will finally be done. Yay!

No comments: