Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Rosie's School Sharing Morning

Rosie's school had a sharing morning today and I was lucky enough to be able to visit! It is rare for me to be able to attend events such as these so I was really grateful for the opportunity.
Her school is in the process of becoming certified as an International Baccalaureate school and I was able to learn more about the process and what it means for Rosie's learning.
She showed me her 'Letter of the Week' area and was very proud of her 'O Octopus'.
She also showed me her portfolio of published stories. I was horrified to read one particular story. "My Mum and I spent the weekend watching DVD's and eating popcorn, chips, chocolate, lollies and drinking hot chocolate". I can only imagine what the teacher was thinking when she read that little gem!
I was really impressed with how bright and stimulating the environment was. They have been studying life cycles this term and the classification of living and non living things.
Rosie and her friend Darnel were keen to show me their 'Mohawk Grass Man' and the bean plant they have been growing over the last few weeks.
I had a lovely morning and feel confident that she is being taught in a caring and secure environment.

No comments: