Thursday, October 21, 2010

First Aid Kit Organisation

In the holidays I decided to complete a few small organising projects around the home. One of them was reorganising my first aid kit and cupboard.
It was in desperate need of a clear out and the perfect opportunity to throw out old and unused medication. I even found a bottle of anti colic baby medication, now that is going back a while! :-)
I purchased a couple of large plastic containers from Storage Box and printed out and laminated some first aid checklists from Martha Stewart's website. I then used Blu Tac to attach these at the back of the cupboard so that I can easily refer to them when needed.
I placed all the boxed medication, band aids, bandages and creams into the large container and all the suspensions into another. It is also a good place to store Rosie and Harry's Well Child books.
While I was at it, I decided to create an emergency supplies storage box, in light of the recent Christchurch earthquake. I have all our torches, batteries, candles and matches stored in here so that I will know where to find them in case of a power cut or emergency.
As you can see, the contents of my cupboard were in disarray before, now it is a lot easier to find what we need, when we need it.

No comments: