Friday, November 26, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Time to share my favourite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe!
I have tried many chocolate chip cookie recipes and I keep returning to my old faithful one, which I have been making for over 10 years.
Tui's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients
125 grams butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cup self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
125 grams chocolate chips
60 grams walnuts (optional)
Method
Cream together the butter, sugars and vanilla until pale in colour. Add lightly beaten egg gradually, beating well after each addition. Mix in sifted flour and salt. Add chocolate chips and walnuts (if you have chosen to add them), mix well. Shape into small balls and place on lightly greased oven trays, allow room for spreading.
Bake at 180c for 10-12 minutes, or until golden.
These are well worth trying, I hope you enjoy them as much as our family does! :)

No comments: