Saturday, November 20, 2010

Felt Heart Christmas Decorations

A couple of weeks ago I was in the mood for some sewing so I decided to make these very simple heart decorations out of felt and ribbon.
They were very inexpensive to make and were quite easy to sew, making them the perfect project for a couple of weekday evenings recently.
To start with I used this heart cookie cutter to create a template out of heavy card. I then used the template to trace six hearts on each piece of felt. Each piece of felt made three hearts.
I then sewed a piece of striped ribbon down the centre of each one and attached a matching loop for hanging the hearts. Placing the two right sides together, I sewed around the outside, leaving a 3cm gap on each one.
I then turned them right side out, filled them with wadding from an old cushion and hand sewed the gap shut. I made 24 hearts and they cost about 40 cents each to make so are a great inexpensive way of adding a personal touch to your Christmas tree!
Tomorrow I will be sharing our letters to Santa. :-)

No comments: