Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Christmas Present to Myself...

Christmas has come early for me this year...albeit in the form of a gift to myself!
I have been dreaming of a KitchenAid for many months and due to the fantastic exchange rate at the moment, I was this close to importing one from the USA. Even though they were several hundred dollars cheaper than they are here in NZ, it was still a lot of money to spend on a mixer. I decided that my KitchenAid dreams will have to wait for now and decided to go for the far cheaper...
Kenwood Patissier. I used it for the first time today and I am in love! I had an old electric hand beater that has been thrashed over the years so using the Kenwood is bliss! I also love the retro look of it. I can't wait to whip up my DG cake and perhaps even trial a pavlova in it! I am a happy cook at the moment. :)

1 comment:

Shazza Hazza said...

I'm liking it Tui! Does it have the old style beaters rather than the blades? Mum makes the best pav with her old one, but whenever she tries in my mixer with blades it never rises. You are going to make some lovely tall pavs:)