Sunday, December 5, 2010

Kids Room Christmas Decorating: Part One

This weekend we have been doing a little bit of Christmas decorating in Rosie and Harry's room. They share a room and I thought that by adding some simple touches, it would really help to build their excitement around this special season.
They each have a new Christmas teddy from Ezibuy on their bed, a bargain at $5 each...
I also found these cute decorations and have hung them over the drawer handles...
A few weeks ago I picked up these lovely red gingham Santa sacks, which were exactly what I was looking for. They are very plain and would be super easy to make yourself and embellish with applique, etc...
Citta Santa Sacks
We have them hanging at the end of their beds...
Rosie and Harry are very excited about these special touches in their room and are counting down the days until the 25th. I think Harry summed it up best today when he said, "Mum, I can't wait until Christmas when Nana and Papa come up to our house for Christmas day and a sleepover." This warmed my heart as after all, this is what this season is all about...honouring the birth of Christ, with family and friends. :)

Tomorrow I will be sharing Rosie and Harry's mini Christmas tree.

No comments: