Sunday, January 2, 2011

Setting Up My Project Life Album

Project Life is a big project for me to be taking on this year and it is a commitment that I really want to work hard to achieve. I have a pretty full life as it is already, with two small childrem, full time work, house renovations and other commitments to consider. Despite all this, I feel it is important for me to start documenting our life in a more dedicated and meaningful way than I have previously.
I have really made an effort in the last year to take more photos of our family and while I am grateful for this, I have had a couple of computer crashes and lost a lot of precious snapshots which weren't backed up. My lovely mum was aware of this and for Christmas she bought me a portable hard drive, which I am determined to use regularly as a way of keeping our photographic treasures safe. I definitely don't want a repeat of the tears and frustration I felt when I lost hundreds of photos a couple of months ago!
Anway, back to Project Life. Given that this project is one which will require some organisation and time this year, I decided to make it as easy as possible for myself by setting up my album in advance. Everything you need to do this comes with the kit and all that is required is a bit of time and patience to get it all up and running. Ok, I will be honest, it took me several hours to set up my album but hey, I am on holiday and I loved every minute of it!
I set up all my pages for the entire year in weekly double page spreads, complete with date cards and journalling cards. I have even date stamped all my cards in advance and stickered them with the appropriate day of the week. The reason that I have done this is that I wanted to make it as easy as possible to keep up with the project once I am back at work and daily life takes over. I think that by having it all set up and ready to go for the entire year, I am far more likely to keep up with my journalling and enjoy the process.
Now all I need to do is start taking my snapshot of the day and journalling each one as I go. I am particularly looking forward to capturing some of the more "mundane" photos of our daily life as it is these snapshots and moments in time that I am likely to forget, but will be so precious to look back on in the future. Wish me luck!

No comments: