Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Blogging with a Busy Schedule!


Well, most of the time I love blogging. I really enjoy writing my thoughts down and documenting our little projects around the home, but being a daily blogger can be hard to keep up at times! I work full time and we have a full, busy family life so blogging has to fit in around that. I use my blog like a journal so it isn't hard to write, but it does take time to upload photos and write posts, etc. I started daily blogging in the middle of last year and I used to write my daily post in the evenings and publish them straight away. This worked well for a few months but I must admit that it was hard to keep up, especially after a long day at work. In the last few weeks I have finally mastered the art of the 'scheduled post' and it has transformed blogging for me!
I now prepare my blog posts in advance and schedule them to go live each day at 3am. I usually try and have a rough idea of what I plan to blog, one week in advance. I then spend one or two evenings, often on the weekend, preparing my posts for the coming days. This includes uploading photos, checking out links and writing. I try and have one week's worth of posts loaded at a time so that I am running a week ahead of schedule. This allows me to make changes if something pops up and it takes all the pressure out of blogging for me. I am not sure if I will continue to blog daily, there may come a time when I need to cut back to once every second day, or once every few days but as long as I continue to enjoy it, I plan to keep going. :)

No comments: