Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rosie's Big Girl Bedroom Update

It has been almost two months since I blogged a sneak peek of Rosie's bedroom update and I have finally organised myself to get some snapshots to share.
As I mentioned in this post, Rosie's room doubles as a guest room as our spare bedroom downstairs is still out of action at the moment. I decided to purchase a double bed for her room as it is large enough for guests to use and not too large that it dominates the room completely.
Double beds have fallen out of favour in recent years and have been replaced with King Single and Queen beds. This created a challenge for me as this size is hard to come by. I knew exactly the kind of bed I wanted and after a few weeks of searching, I found the closest match to it.
It is a Northwood slat bed from Bedstop in a satin white finish and I really liked it's simplicity. Then I had to track down some suitable linen and I took several weeks to decide on this as well!
I finally settled on a duvet set and cushion from Wallace Cotton's Rebecca Range. It is beautifully made and isn't too babyish and should last Rosie for a while.
Everything else in the room were things we already owned and we just switched some of them around so they fit in the room better.
As with all our DIY and decorating, it is still a work in progress and there are a few things I would still like to do in here before I declare it truly finished.
I would like to make some bunting and hang some of these super cute polka dot lanterns that we have left over from Rosie's party last year.

Sort of like this!

Rosie is enjoying having her own space again although just quietly, I think she also misses her chats with Harry at bedtime. :)

No comments: